The main objective of Citizen Charter document is to specify and publicize service related commitments of organizations to the citizens. It aims to make administration accountable, more user-focused, ensuring transparency and the right to information in an open and easy to understand manner.
Cabinet Ministry of Bangladesh has published a related circular on 2017 emphasizing in this regard. In that, connection Bangladesh Bank urged Banks and Financial Institutions to form dedicated Citizen Charter Desk to ensure access of information of their services to the stakeholders.
In order to comply with directive of Bangladesh Bank, a cross functional team has been formed at Eastern Bank Limited (EBL) to ensure effective implementations of Citizen Charter agendas. This dedicated desk shall diligently discharges its responsibilities as guided by Bangladesh Bank. In addition, as per Bangladesh Bank’s advice another monitoring cell shall be supervising activities of EBL’s Citizen Charter desk.
EBL Citizen Charter Desk Focal Point:
|1||Rasheedul Huque||Focal Point Officeremail@example.com|
|2||Md Atiqur Rahman||Alternative Focal Point Officerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|3||Md Hero Jumman||2nd Alternative Focal Point Officeremail@example.com|
Citizen Charter Windows
The below are the windows and channels through which EBL’s service and products and related information are being disseminated to its customers and other stakeholders:
- Contact Center: Customers can reach with their feedback/complaints/queries/
suggestions by dialing 16230. They can also reach contact center 24/7 through 88 09612316230 from overseas.
- EBL Branches: EBL has a total of 98 Branches and Sub-branches which are physical channels for catering to customer queries and complaints.
- Skybanking app: Mobile App based digital platform is in place for customers to reach out to EBL for the queries/complaints/feedback/
suggestions that they might have regarding EBL.
- Website: Query/Complaint Management Cell (https://dgzip.ebl-bd.com/
query/) is another way for the customers to reach out to EBL.
- EBL Direct placed at EBL branches: 20 of the total EBL branches have EBL Direct telephone for the customers to reach out directly to the Complaint Management Cell.
- EBL Skylounge: Customers travelling international destinations have access to EBL Skylounge to express their observations/suggestions and receive specific last moment services.
- EBL Complaint Management Cell: Customers can reach out through email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for any queries/complaints/ suggestions. This email address is open for all and available in EBL Website.
- Social Media: EBL has verified Facebook page where customers may opt to place their feedback/suggestions regarding EBL service.
- Agent Banking: Customers availing banking service from 45 EBL Agent Banking outlets can also place their suggestions and complaints there.