The main objective of Citizen Charter document is to specify and publicize service related commitments of organizations to the citizens. It aims to make administration accountable, more user-focused, ensuring transparency and the right to information in an open and easy to understand manner.
Cabinet Ministry of Bangladesh has published a related circular on 2017 emphasizing in this regard. In that, connection Bangladesh Bank urged Banks and Financial Institutions to form dedicated Citizen Charter Desk to ensure access of information of their services to the stakeholders.
In order to comply with directive of Bangladesh Bank, a cross functional team has been formed at Eastern Bank PLC. (EBL) to ensure effective implementations of Citizen Charter agendas. This dedicated desk shall diligently discharges its responsibilities as guided by Bangladesh Bank. In addition, as per Bangladesh Bank’s advice another monitoring cell shall be supervising activities of EBL’s Citizen Charter desk.
EBL Citizen Charter Desk Focal Point:
|Sabera Sultana Mili
|Focal Point Officer
|Alternative Focal Point
|Fahim Ishtiaque Chowdhury
|2nd Alternative Focal Point Officer
Citizen Charter Windows
The below are the windows and channels through which EBLâs service and products and related information are being disseminated to its customers and other stakeholders:
- Contact Center: Customers can reach with their feedback/complaints/queries/
suggestions by dialing 16230. They can also reach contact center 24/7 through 88 09612316230 from overseas.
- EBL Branches: EBL has a total of 98 Branches and Sub-branches which are physical channels for catering to customer queries and complaints.
- Skybanking app: Mobile App based digital platform is in place for customers to reach out to EBL for the queries/complaints/feedback/
suggestions that they might have regarding EBL.
- Website: Query/Complaint Management Cell (https://dgzip.ebl-bd.com/
query/) is another way for the customers to reach out to EBL.
- EBL Direct placed at EBL branches: 20 of the total EBL branches have EBL Direct telephone for the customers to reach out directly to the Complaint Management Cell.
- EBL Skylounge: Customers travelling international destinations have access to EBL Skylounge to express their observations/suggestions and receive specific last moment services.
- EBL Complaint Management Cell: Customers can reach out through email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for any queries/complaints/ suggestions. This email address is open for all and available in EBL Website.
- Social Media: EBL has verified Facebook page where customers may opt to place their feedback/suggestions regarding EBL service.
- Agent Banking: Customers availing banking service from 45 EBL Agent Banking outlets can also place their suggestions and complaints there.
EBL SKYCARE: A One-Stop Solutions for cards
EBL SKYCARE is a One-Stop Solutions for cards related services and selling point for prepaid cards. Our credit and prepaid card holders can make their data update and get card related services from EBL SKYCARE. Currently, services are provided from two centers in Banani and Dhanmondi. EBL customers can drop their card’s service requests for card activation, replacement, passport endorsement, credit card limit enhancement application, supplementary card request, account tagging/un-tagging and many more. EBL card members are encouraged to avoid the rush of EBL branches and get their card services from the EBL SKYCARE lounges from our experts. Visit our EBL SKYCARE and give us an opportunity to serve you better.
Dhanmondi SKYCARE: Plot No# 748 (Old), 48 (New), Satmasjid Road, Dhaka
Banani SKYCARE: Safura Tower, 20 Kemal Ataturk Avenue, Dhaka
- Static Data Update for credit and prepaid cardholder
- All type of Cards Activation.
- Pre-printed prepaid card sales
- Card Replacement/ Card Conversion (Debit/Card/Pre-paid)
- Foreign Part transaction enable/disable
- Passport endorsement/cancellation (Debit, Credit & Pre-paid)
- RAP Enrollment/De-enrollment
- RAP Claim
- Card Closing and No objection Certificate (NOC) Issuance
- Limit Enhancement application
- PriorityPass Issuance
- Card Cheque Book Requisition
- Credit Card Product Limit Split
- Credit Card Limit Conversation
- Supplementary Card
- Card Blocking/ Unblocking
- SI instruction and Account Tagging/un tagging
- Credit Card Certificate/ Outstanding Certificate/ Endorsement Certificate
- Customer Complaint (Dispute/ Waiver/ Collection etc.)